Filed under: a chiropractic podcast, Big TOR on Campus, California Jam, Chiropractic Philosophy, interview, On Location, SCR Global Correspondent | Tags: a chiropractic podcast, Anchor Chiropractic, Austin Davis DC, Brett Jones, Brian Lanoue, Cal Jam, California Jam, chiropractic, chiropractic branding, chiropractic marketing, chiropractic podcast, chiropractic radio, Chiropractic United Podcast, Chiropractor, DD Humber DC, DD Humber Jr, DE, Deed Harrison DC, Denise Rassel DC, Dr Sid Williams, Dr. Thomas Lamar, Dynamic Essentials, Fred DiDomenico DC, Joe Ferrantelli DC, Kingston, Kingston Community News, Kitsap, Patrick Dunphy, Phil Spradley, podcast chiropractor, Power of the Podcast, Roberto Chalukian, Sid Williams DC, Sid Williams DC death, Spinal Column Blog, spinal column radio, SpinalColumnRadio, Troy Dukowitz DC, Troy Eldridge DC
Title: Branding the ChiropracTOR for the Bigger Message of ChiropracTIC: Interviews with Chiropractic United Podcast, pre-ChiropracTIC Student Patrick Dunphy, DC-2B Brett Jones, and more!
[Plus SPECIAL REPORT: Inside the DE Scene — Paying Homage to Dr. Sid Williams]
Host: Dr. Thomas Lamar
Show Date: 02/15/13
Run Time: 150:58
Description: “Early to bed. Early to rise. Work like hell and ADVERTISE!” These words from our profession’s developer still echo throughout chiropractic. From the beginning, we chiropractors have been avid marketers — we’ve had to for our very survival. It’s always been a sink or swim situation. And it will continue to be this way until our individual advertising and marketing efforts rise above the level of promotion-for-self. The message that we promote must be BIGGER than ourselves; it needs to go beyond that of self-promotion. Never in history have we had the opportunity like we do now to tell our story in a way that allows us to not only touch our community, but the whole world at the same time. The Internet gives us this ability. And so through mediums such as blogs, videos, podcasts, graphics, and social media, we can now begin to brand ourselves as chiropracTORs — not for ourselves — but for chiropracTIC. Because it is through this type of “bigger than self” promotion that we can truly begin affect change in the way our society does health care.
Today on Spinal Column Radio, Dr. Thomas Lamar mines the depths of this topic by first answering a listener email on how chiropractic students can begin branding themselves as “TORS for the TIC” while still in school. His “nuts and bolts” explanation is then further fleshed out with inspiring interviews with the crew of the Chiropractic United Podcast (Drs. Deed Harrison, Fred DiDomenico, and Joe Ferantelli); chiropracTIC student, Brett Jones; and pre chiropracTIC student and long-time SCR listener, Patrick Dunphy. In addition, Dr. Lamar pulls out some examples of what this can look like. Plus, he even shares what can happen when you put a message out that is bigger than yourself. And if all that weren’t enough, he’s joined by a special in-studio “audience-of-one.” (Chiropractic United and Patrick Dunphy interviews recorded at the 2012 California Jam in Costa Mesa, California).
[Plus, Pre Show SPECIAL REPORT: Dr. Austin Davis take YOU the listener, on our behalf, Inside the DE Scene to Pay Homage to the one that DARED TO DEFEND THE PRINCIPLE — Dr. Sid Williams].
Dr. Austin Davis
— takes us inside the DE Scene to pay homage to the one that
DARED TO DEFEND THE PRINCIPLE.
• connect with Austin on Facebook
• listen to our mini-tribute to Sid on SCR 152
• read Clum’s Tribute to Sid Williams
ON LOCATION with the
Dead Chiropractic Society’s
The Chiropractic United Podcast
Drs. Harrison, DiDomenico, and Ferantelli
DCS California Jam
– Chiropractic United
– Learn more about the guys behind the mics
pre ChiropracTIC Student
DCS California Jam
• Learn more about Patrick Dunphy
– Pat’s TOP 5 SCR Episodes for the pre-Chiropractic Student
- Pat’s Update to the list since the interview:
- (SCR 151) Pure Gold! Valley of the blind! A no brain-er. ….AWESOME!!!!
- (SCR 136) Dr Fred times TWO! That’s my man! Best mentor ever, love that guy!
- (SCR 111) Dr Matt HardCore! Love his outlook. very inspiring!
- (SCR 087) Mother of Vitalism, Dr Sarah! Her message is so unique in the manner she breaks it down. Excellent communicator. I read her book last year and have really become excited about her work!
– Catch Patrick’s Man On The Street interview (SCR 138)
– Catch Patrick’s contribution to the Reggie Gold Tribute Podcast (SCR 109)
Now on Spinal Column Radio!
“The Big TOR on Campus”
DC2B Life West
• Learn more about Brett Jones:
• Other Stuff Talked About on the Show:
- Get the context for Samantha’s email on SCR 152
- Share Your Links of “TORS for the TIC” in the Comment Section!
- (In other words, share a link of a TOR Web Presence – blog, video, podcast, graphic, social media – that is focused on promoting a message that is BIGGER than themselves).
- Defending the “Crap Box” – Dr. Eric Plasker (SCR 146)
- Dr. Lamar’s Newspaper Articles
- Check out Brain and Thea’s OurExtraordinaryLives website.
- Listen to Roberto’s interview on the Radio.
• Learn more about the California Jam
– Website: CaliforniaJam.org
– Website: DeadChiropracticSociety.com
– Facebook California Jam – Dead Chiropractic Society
Check out the Cal Jam Interview Archives! (plus see who’s still the cue for release)
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment