Filed under: a chiropractic podcast, Archive Feed, interview, Politics, set 3 | Tags: a chiropractic podcast, Anchor Chiropractic, CCE, chiropractic, chiropractic cartel, chiropractic podcast, chiropractic politics, chiropractic radio, Chiropractor, Council of Chiropractic Education, Dr. Thomas Lamar, Kingston, Kitsap, podcast chiropractor, spinal column radio, SpinalColumnRadio, Steve Tullius DC
Title: CCE Drops Bombshell at 03/16/12 Stakeholder Meeting: An Interview with MCQI’s Dr. Steve Tullius
Host: Dr. Thomas Lamar
Show Date: 03/20/12
Run Time: 32:45
Description: BREAKING NEWS — On March 16, 2012, The Council of Chiropractic Education (CCE) held it’s first “Stakeholder Meeting”in which it invited select groups of the profession — an effort demonstrating it’s attempt to build bridges and resolve the record-breaking list of violations that were handed down to it from the Department of Education National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity’s (NACIQI) December reaccreditation hearings.
NACIQI found CCE to be in violation of 42 different issues. Most notable however was the “43rd violation” in which they stated: “In addition to the numerous issues identified in the staff report, NACIQI asks [CCE] to demonstrate compliance with Section 602.13 dealing with the wide acceptance of its standards, policies, procedures, and decisions; and to address how its standards advance quality in chiropractic education.” NACIQI granted the CCE continued accrediting authority provided that it could adequately resolve the list of violations within a year’s time. The “Stakeholder Meeting” was its first attempt to resolve issues surrounding being more representative of the differences in philosophy that exist in our profession.
Unfortunately, as we’ll find out from one of the attendees, the meeting ended up being quite the opposite. Today on Spinal Column Radio we welcome back the cofounder of the Movement for Chiropractic Quality and Integrity (MCQI), Dr. Steve Tullius, to find out the the “Stakeholder Meeting” was just that — “an attempt to ‘stake’ anyone that dare question CCE authority or make constructive comments regarding chiropractic education to the wall.”
Download this episode by right clicking (control-click for Mac)
Dr. Steve Tullius
joins SCR via Skype with his report following the 03/16/12 CCE Stakeholder Meeting
– SCR Episode 102.5 – Interview with Dr. Steve Tullius following the December 2011 CCE NACIQI hearings
– Chronicle of Chiropractic article – CCE Receives Reprimand From Department of Education Committee – Over Forty Deficiencies Cited
– ACA article – CCE Receives Recommendation for Continuing Accreditation
– Chronicle of Higher Education article – Chiropractic Accreditor Gets Extra Scrutiny From Federal Panel
– Robb Sinnot DC’s article – on Vital Source website
– Facebook article – Personal Note From Steve Tullius on the March 16, 2012 CCE “Stakeholder Meeting”
– MCQI Facebook Event Site (coming soon)
– Purchase your own “One Million Strong” shirt (like Dr. Lamar is wearing) to help support the cause and raise the bar of awareness.
Registar YOUR voice and YOUR vote today!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment